Your Fall Outdoor Cleanup Checklist
Fall is here … which means Winter and SNOW are around the corner! Get your home’s exterior winter-ready now with these 9 Fall Outdoor Cleanup Tips! Bundle Up!
- 1.Check the foundation for cracks. Fill in and repair any openings in the structure. Foundation cracks allow pests to enter your home and can freeze and damage the structure.
- 2.Clear leaves from lawn. Clean leaves out of gutters and downspouts. Clogged gutters can cause ice dams.
- 3.Drain garden hoses and store them inside. Water left in hoses can freeze and crack the hose.
- 4.Fill bird feeders. Prepare a schedule for keeping feeders full throughout the winters months.
- 5.Clean off all porch and deck furniture, then cover and/or store in a protected location.
- 6.Empty out soil from planters and clay garden pots. Leftover soil will freeze and potentially crack the pots.
- 7.Organize your garage or storage shed. Clean and store all summer garden tools.
- 8.Drain fuel from all summer equipment including leaf blowers, lawn mowers, and chain saws.
- 9.Organize shovels, roof rakes and snow blowers.